Sunday, November 16, 2008

November 16: Learning to latch

Keelan is closer to than we imagine to be able to come home. She already weight 4 pounds and 5 ounces. The new skill for Keelan to learn is how to latch. We have been practicing together, Keelan practice to latch to my nipple during her feeding and learn how manipulate the breast so she can get enough breast milk. It has been an interesting experience, mostly because the breast feeding process has become a bonding experience for William, Keelan and I.

I am still in awe. Motherhood is an experience one can never fully understand until the day in which you become a mother. The feeling and level of responsibility is incredible. The closest thing to motherhood (before having Keelan) for me was teaching. Now, everything is different, I still love to teach but Keelan has become my first love.

PS- William and I had completed our Infant CPR training.

No comments: